Sleevehead: Mastered.com - the theory and practice of making things                                                          

Mastered.com - the theory and practice of making things

    I'm not terribly fond of the well-worn adage "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach". Indeed I think it is very wrong-headed in assuming the separation of theory from practice and privileging the latter in all instances. Perhaps I'm overlooking something but I've found the individual parts rarely exceed the sum of both.

This seems especially true in a discipline such as tailoring, where theory in concert with practice seems the better approach. Recently I was pleased to learn of the launch of Mastered, which embodies this approach. Mastered is a new online venture offering creative arts education focused on fashion and jewelry taught by highly experienced practitioners.



Moreover, I learned that the esteemed Savile Row tailor Andrew Ramroop will be offering a Mastered online course on making a coat. As far as I'm aware, this will be the first time Savile Row-specific content and training will be offered online.

Savile Row Trailer from Mastered on Vimeo.


Mr. Ramroop is also conducting a free live lesson on June 24th. Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend due to work but I look forward to seeing the archived version.

Labels: , , , ,